Pages

Friday 19 May 2017

Blog Post D.I.3

Blog Post
19 / 05 / 2017.
DI Session 3.
These are some of the skills I have learnt and understood from this Friday’s PLG.

An Introduction to Calendars.
  • Creating events.
  • Inviting other people to events.
  • Editing my calendar.
  • Sharing my calendar / events with others.
  • Accessing the calendars of colleagues.


Mail in my browser.
  • Using “themes” to reset the background to my mail.
  • Using “Undo Send” in my mail. Adjusting the time limit to the maximum of 30 seconds.
  • Not leaving the mail site, or I Will lose the Undo Send option.
  • How to do quicker searches, by using the words ”sent” and “from” to access or retrieve mail.
  • Using the “archive” option.


Google Hangouts.
  • Created an event on my calendar for Thursday 25 May 2017 @ 7:45am.
  • Named this event “Digital Intensive”.
  • Invited James Hopkins to hangout.

Google Hangouts Follow up.
  • Could not connect initially. ( Google Hangouts denied access)
  • Set up a new event for a different time on the same morning.
  • Successfully connected with James.
  • Initially had visuals but no audio.
  • I then realised that the Activboard speakers were connected. This effectively cancelled out all the sound.
  • Removed the connection and had a successful conversation.


No comments:

Post a Comment